Hello.Hey, Bloggy Friends!
Occasionally on Oprah, she does a SHOW about health and wellness. I love these shows because I believe she is always up to date on the ways we can live our best lives possible. It also seems that with every passing show on the topic, the ways in which to better our lives becomes easier and easier. She can easily translate possible complicated tasks into more relatable ways of adjusting our lifestyles for the better. I am totally into this kind of stuff, so I thought I would share some topics she had on her show yesterday.
Kelly Freston, author of a book entitled Quantum Wellness was on yesterday talking about the "Pillars of Wellness." She discussed eight things in which we could introduce into our lives to create a better sense of balance.
These eight pillars are:
* Meditation - Zone Out & Get in Touch
* Visualization - Create Mental pictures of your ideal life.
* Fun Activity - Take some time to have fun, Bloggy Friends. Dance!
* Conscious Eating - Being aware of where our food comes from.
* Exercise - Only 30 minutes, 3 to 6 times per week.
* Self-Work - Educate! Read, see Art, catch a Film.
* Spiritual Practice - Establish a connection to (fill in the blank).
* Service - Lend some of your time to a good cause.
She suggests kick-starting the initiation of these eight pillars with a 21-day cleanse. This involves eliminating a few things from our diets that typically aggravate our bodies, if not done in moderation.
These things are (are you ready):
* Caffeine (No tea or coffee).
* Alcohol (No wine!)
* Meat & Dairy products (Eggs, cheese, none of that!)
* Sugar (ouch.)
* Gluten (wheat products)
I think I could do this. I don't really eat a lot of these things on a regular basis, anyway. The alchohol would be difficult, though, and so would the caffeine. I love my morning tea! I also wouldn't be able to do it when I have friends coming into town. You know Mimi and I will be having some wine next week! It would definitely take some discipline. Would you guys be willing to do it? Do you love your lives the way they are, or are you constantly looking to switch things up with a little lifestyle change? I'm contemplating becoming vegan again. I feel like a few things in life are pointing me back in that direction. I think I'll listen! Maybe many of us could do the 21-day cleanse together? We could all blog about our experience. Wouldn't that be fun?
Anyways, I just thought I would share some of my new health and wellness information. I hope you guys are having a fruitful day! Be well!
Love you all,