Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthday Shout-Out: My Aunt Robin!

Hello.Hey, Bloggy Friends!



Today is a very special day. One of my most favorite people in the world is celebrating her birthday - my Aunt Robin (pictured above with her daughter, Whitney). As a kid I spent a great deal of time with her. She was a teenager when I was born, so when she got her car she used to drive me around all over the place. One of my best memories is when she would take me to see the Easter Bunny at K-Mart every Easter. When she got married a little later, I would stay with her a lot. We would always have a great time shopping, watching movies and taking trips to amusement parks. She is such a funny, outgoing, beautiful person that I count as one of my biggest blessings in life. I love her so much.

She is one of my Mom's younger sisters. She lives in Lancaster and has two daughters - Chelsea and Whitney. She spends a lot of her time creating things like quilts and other kinds of artistic projects. I think she is one of the people who gave me the inspiration to create things. Lately her big thing has been to make quilts with pictures on them. For Christmas a few years ago she made me one with tons of pictures that celebrate my whole life from a kid until now. It's one of my most special treasures.

Everyone join me in wishing a Happy Birthday to my Aunt Robin. She deserves the best one ever for her kind, generous, open-minded spirit. I love you so much and I'm so glad you were born!

Have a great day, Bloggy Friends. It's a sunny one in Philadelphia!

Love, Josh

3 comments:

Casey said...

She sounds awesome & that is a great pic you posted.

Even better, she shares a birthday with one of our beloved ladies. I'll let you take a gander at my blog to see who!

Anonymous said...

No wonder you turned out so well. My best birthday wishes to your Aunt Robin! Why didn't you show me that quilt, bitch? It sounds like the gift of a lifetime. Maybe a photo the next time you have it out?

EMullins said...

Is there anyone in the Joshua family who isn't simply fabulous? I don't believe so!