Friday, September 4, 2009

Radio News Reporting Project #5

Good afternoon Bloggy Friends,

I hope things are well where you are. It's been an exhilarating week for me. I've been forced to adjust to a stricter routine now that I'm back in school. I'm really excited about my semester. I have four classes that will be challenging, fun and most of all rewarding. One thing that has struck me as interesting this semester is how much of an impact the Internet is having on my classes. Since I began Temple I've noticed that each semester my courses have become more and more dependent on the Internet. This semester we're being asked to register for a whole slew of web accounts, such as Wordpress, Facebook, Youtube and even Twitter so we can follow our teacher's tweets. As you know I have an account on most of these sites already, but I was never REQUIRED to have them until now. It's amazing to see how quickly things have changed since I began going to college. I can't even imagine what's around the corner. Hologram teachers?

Before I start posting assignments from my current semester I want to show you one more from the last. This was our final project in my Radio Broadcasting class and my favorite. The class was separated into groups of four, then we immediately began delegating jobs to one another to help the process flow smoothly. Another girl and myself were asked to be the hosts of our broadcast, while the other two would report things like the weather, traffic, special reports and business. The format was completely up to us. Our only requirement was to incorporate all of the different packages we learned to do throughout the semester. As host, my job was to research news topics and help write the script. I also gathered music clips and threw in a 30-second voicer for the fun of it. We were fortunate enough to be able to record the final product in a state of the art recording studio at WRTI radio. My team and I worked together amazingly well. I was so proud of the final product. The teacher praised us for our creativity, teamwork and efficiency.

Final Grade: 195/200
Final Grade in the Class: A

Thank you for taking the time to check out some of the work I've done. With the Internet playing such a profound role in the world right now I feel like it's in my best interest to put my stuff out there as much as I can. You never know who could be listening. Barbara Walters? Diane Sawyer? Larry King?

Have a great weekend Bloggy Friends. I'll catch up with ya soon.

Love, Josh

P.S. Below are videos of our final project in two parts.



1 comment:

Bill Fogle said...

Finally got to listen to these (busy weekend!). I love the made-up names!

Nice work. I'll be watching your career and hoping for the best for you.