Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's Been A Minute

Hey Bloggy Friends,

It feels like its been so long since I've been around. I've missed keeping up with my posts and I've missed you. I'm going to try my best to start posting regularly again, even if it's just a little blurb from day to day about what's going on. I hope you'll continue to stop by to say hello.

Things have been chaotic lately, but good. I like being busy and having my mind constantly challenged. It's good for me. I'm enjoying my classes so far and I love working for City Paper. It's an awesome place. I've met some fascinatingly talented people and am enjoying the chance to keep up with so many events happening in the city. Hooray.

Alan and I closed on the house last Friday. We are officially homeowners. Surprisingly, we've only stepped through the door once since we signed the papers. It's been a chaotic week for both of us. We plan to start being more active in the moving process once the weekend rolls around. We have until October 15th, so we're not sweatin' it too hard.

Before I leave I want to share a fun assignment I just did for my visual communication class. We were each asked to create a collage with at least ten images that expressed who we are. We weren't allowed to use personal photographs or create words from magazines. Today the teacher collected the finished products, then dispersed them randomly to the other students in the class. We were asked to study the collage we were given and write down an evaluation of the artists without knowing to whom it belonged. We then returned the projects to their original owners and got a big kick out of what they wrote.

Here's my collage:


This is what the girl wrote:

- Likes listening to music/maybe playing music
- Goes to Temple (duh!)
- Is moving or has recently moved
- Likes animals, cats, dogs - maybe has pets
- Wine drinker (bingo!)
- Enjoys Sugar: Sweet tooth? (ha-ha)
- Green Tea
- Reads or works for City Paper
- Likes comedy: maybe goes to shows
- YouTube?
- Not sure if clock is supposed to represent anything
- Kind of unisex: doesn't scream male or female
- Like the way you set up the collage


She was on point in some areas, but off in a few others. My idea with the clock was to show the things that are currently occupying my time. I thought I was being too literal, but I guess it didn't come off that way. Fun.

Have a great day, Bloggy Friends. I'll chat with you soon.

Love, Josh

2 comments:

Bill Fogle said...

Fun! I didn't get the "moving" part (I assume from the county map, or whatever it is) at all.

No books? (Or am I just being blind here?) I totally think of you as a reader now.

Anonymous said...

You didn't put anything about me on your clock! :(