Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Love A Good Reunion.

Hi Bloggy Friends,

I hope you're having a sassy Saturday. It's been nice in Philadelphia today. We spent most of our afternoon shopping for appliances for our new home. We are now the proud owners of a new fridge and washer/dryer combo. We're so proud.

I've been on cloud nine all day after a fun experience I had last night reconnecting with an old friend. We were great friends when I was in high school. She lived two counties over from me, but we spent several summers together doing summer stock and community theater in our area. A few months ago I found her on Facebook. When I looked at her profile I was shocked to see that she lived in Wilmington, DE, which is practically right next door to Philadelphia. I was so excited. A few things kept us from getting together over the past few weeks, but last night our schedules finally aligned. We met up at Varga, a new restaurant in Washington Square West. She brought her boyfriend Kevin along and I brought Alan. We spend the whole night reminiscing about old times, laughing about experiences we had together and updating one another on people we knew in common. Alan and Kevin unfortunately had no idea what we were talking about, but thankfully they were understanding enough to let us keep gabbing. It felt as if no time had went by without us seeing each other. It was surely one of the most wonderful reunion moments I've had in my life.

Thanks for coming by to share this moment with me, Bloggy Friends. Have a great night Bloggy Friends. I'll chat with you soon.

Love, Josh

P.S. I'm posting a picture of Suzanne and I last night, and one of us back in the day when we were in the cast of "Cheaper By the Dozen."


2 comments:

Bill Fogle said...

So heartwarming and good! Makes me happy.

Mnowac said...

OMG!!!!! I am so jealous. So jealous! Glad you guys had a chance to reconnect.