Monday, August 24, 2009

Indi-licious!

Good afternoon Bloggy Friends,

How are things where you are? Everything is nice here. The weather is calling for thunder storms, but the sky says otherwise. It's as clear as a sparrow's tweet on the first day of spring. We had a nice weekend. I hope you did too.

Saturday afternoon we took the dogs to the vet. Galileo was due to have his yearly shots and Doris needed an examination before we get her spade. They both walked away with a clean bill of health and a few treats to enjoy later in the day. The next time Doris goes in, though, she'll be missing something - her ovaries.

In the evening we drove to the suburbs to have dinner with one of Alan's co-workers and his wife, Deepak and Kieran. Our friends Kaushik and Kaushiki joined us as well. The hosts live in a lovely apartment overlooking Valley Forge Park. They were both born in India, so for dinner they made us an authentic Indian meal. It was amazing. We both ate so much. Among other things, they prepared a palak paneer, a tilapia curry dish and some type of mutton. For dessert we had a dish made with ricotta cheese and cardamom along with a flavorful cup of chai tea. We were in Hindu heaven. After dinner we stayed until after midnight playing card games, taboo and even a few rounds of table bowling. A great time was had by all.

Sunday was a chill day. We did our usual grocery shopping, enjoyed an earlier than usual salmy Sunday and took a long after dinner walk along the Schuylkill River trail. We were gone for nearly three hours. My sockless feet were killing me, but it was such a nice stroll. Philadelphia has so much to offer in the way of inner city parks and walking trails. I love it.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I'm about to have some lunch before heading out to find a shaded park bench to read on. I finished my book by James Baldwin and am now reading The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty. It's a very short read. I wanted to find something quick so I could squeeze in one last book before school starts on Monday. I'm happy to say I've done a lot of good page turning over the summer. I hope I can find time to continue leisure reading once I'm back in school.

Have a good one. I'll chat with you soon.

Love, Josh

P.S. I've attached some photos from our dinner in Valley Forge. You can see the rest by clicking HERE.

We arrived for dinner a little early, so we killed time taking photos in the courtyard.

The hosts, Deepak and Kieran.

Kaushik and Kaushiki.

Alan and I rakin' in our poker chips!

The group.

2 comments:

Bill Fogle said...

Hey! You had dinner in "The Towers." I lived in the apartment complex down the road - the lighter, lower buildings between the three "Towers" and Valley Forge Park (separated from the park by Rt. 422). I used to hang out at the towers. It's like me going to dinner in Garrard County. From grades 8 through high school graduation I lived almost where you had dinner.

When do you start school? Neat of you to slip in one more book. I admire your relaxed, nicely-paced reading schedule. I thought it was lovely how you spent time reading in Maine. You looked so relaxed and so into what you were doing.

Thanks for blogging your weekend. I hope you have a strong and happy week! Love ya.

BFB

Casey said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I loved seeing the pics. I'm glad Doris is going to get fixed so she's not out whoring around the neighborhood anymore. :)