Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes We Can!


Wow. I can't begin to put into words the joy I feel tonight. As I watched President-elect, Barack Obama, give his acceptance speech from Chicago, a flood of emotions overtook me that are indescribable. From that stage he said things I have always yearned to hear a leader say. He spoke to all of us - gay, straight, young, old, white, black, yellow, red, green - we all matter! I am filled with an incredible, new-found sense of hope. This is our moment. Wow. Wow. Wow.

This is the first election I have voted in that has went my way. I was too young to vote for Clinton in '96, I voted for Gore in 2000, and Kerry in '04. We all know how those turned out! Now I know how good it feels to vote for someone who makes it. Yes! As I watched the excitement of the crowd in Chicago, and other places around the world, I felt a sense of togetherness I have never experienced with my fellow citizens. It was so neat to see people this excited about our next President. This night is so important in so many ways.

The streets of Philadelphia are flooded with happy citizens. They are screaming, blowing their horns and running on the sidewalks. What an exciting night. Congratulations, Bloggy Friends. We did it! We are all so blessed to be a part of this monumental event in history. President Obama will have a lot on his plate when he takes office in January, but I really believe we have a lot to look forward to. Yes we can! Yes we did! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I love you all!

Josh

3 comments:

EMullins said...

We did it!!! =)

Casey said...

Soooo exciting!!! I love it & it's the first time my vote for the prez candidate went to the winner also.

Anonymous said...

It's very exciting that Obama has been elected.

People are excited at the fact that there is equality in the country.

Living in Los Angeles, Tuesday was a bitter sweet day. While everyone was out yelling and having a great time because of Obama, I was in my place waiting for my boyfriend to get off work with tears in my eyes. Prop 8 passed and now i can not marry him legally. Why is it generally accepted that civil rights stop with African Americans. sigh. I am *SO* glad Obama won, but we have far to go before there is equality in this country.

-Eric (Lance of The Kozmo Boyz on YouTube)