Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sarah's Halloween Party!

Hey, Bloggy Friends!

We had an awesome time at Sarah's Halloween Party last night! We were so happy she threw one, so we could have a reason to get dressed up to have some fun on Halloween. I think I love Halloween more now than I did when I was a kid. I love having the opportunity to dress up as anything I'd like. Over the past few years we have had fun dressing as some of history's most famous couples. One year we were Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI, another we were Cleopatra and Julius Caesar. This year we couldn't wait to be the Maverick herself, Sarah Palin, and one of the unfortunate Moose she loves to shoot down from a helicopter!

We hit the thrift stores yesterday in search of our costumes. Besides the pants Alan wore, we were completely starting from scratch. Thankfully we found everything in a reasonable amount of time, and for not a lot of money! While we were shopping Galileo enjoyed a little spa time at the Pampered Pooch on 11th Street. Check out his haircut in the pictures. He's such a doll.

Before we left for the party we had a few friends over for pre-drinks. My friend Terra helped me apply my make-up. She dressed as Sarah Blask, the girl throwing the Halloween party! She's so funny. Galileo fell in love with her and her bosoms. Our friends Tim and Alex also stopped by, but they weren't dressed in costumes. For shame!

Sarah's party was a lot of fun. She packed a lot of people into her small, but
reasonably-sized, one bedroom apartment. She was stunningly dressed as a lady from the 50's. She wore an authentic vintage dress and hat, given to her by her grandmother. I was blown away by the impressive food spread. The cutest part was her deviled eggs, actually dressed as little devils! My favorite food of the evening was my co-worker, Nancy's, bean dip. It was so good, and no, I didn't get the farts. There were several other fun costumes there, including Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Rain, The Gift that Keeps on Giving, a Pirate couple and a sexed up Little Red Riding Hood. Click HERE for access to my Picasa album of pictures from the evening. Check back in the next day or so for a little video footage!

Well, this is getting a little lengthy, so I'll cut it short for now. We have had a nice Sunday. We walked to the Reading Terminal for produce and fish, and are about to head to Whole Foods (two blocks away!) for the rest of our groceries. I love living in Center City. We finally have web access, and our washer and dryer was installed yesterday. Things are coming together nicely. I hope your Sunday is exactly what you hoped it would be. Have a great start to the week. I'll talk to you soon!

Love, Joshra Palin

4 comments:

Casey said...

OMG you look great as Sarah (aside from the part where I know you are a man). Anyway, you & Alan looked awesome. So glad the party was fun & that things are swell in CC!!!

scareykatt said...

u looked marvelous as Sarah Palin.

Even Alan is cute too.

Mnowac said...

Very clever and very scary how good you look as a woman :)

Rick Watson said...

OMG! Tranny Palin! Hey girl! How you doin?