Sunday, October 26, 2008

Moving Along, Minding My Business

Hey, Bloggy Friends!

I feel like it's been forever since I've posted. I have a good reason. We're moving this weekend, and the internet company shut our service down about a week before we asked them to. I managed to find a weak signal at our new apartment, but we won't be back in full-swing until tomorrow.

I did want to take advantage of my weak signal to let you know that we are almost all moved in. We have about one load, and some cleaning to do at the apartment in Manayunk before it's all finished. Everything is a mess at our place in Center City, but I can tell our furniture is going to go really nicecly there. The moving process yesterday went pretty smoothly. It was raining, which sucked, but the movers took care of everything without a fuss.

We brought the animals on our second load. Galileo seemed to take to the adjustment pretty well, but the kitties stayed hidden in the guest room most of the evening. I'm not surprised. I'm glad kitties aren't allowed to vote, because they'd probably go Repbulican. They're not big on change!

Today Alan and I are going to do some grocery shopping in Center City, then head out to Manayunk to finish up. I hope. We'll probably spend the evening, and the rest of the week unpacking and organizing things the way we like them. As soon as we get that finished I'll take some pictures and videos for ya! I'm sorry if there are several typos in this post. The only spot we get internet is right in front of a window where the sun is gleaming right behind me. I can barely see what I'm writing!

Have a fantastic Sunday afternoon. I can't wait to have ya'll over to see the place!

Love, Josh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! This was unexpected!!! Gorgeous day today down here. Hope you're having the sun ny weather up there too. Say hello to South Street for me. Is the Book Trader still there? The Greek restaurant?

Mnowac said...

Glad the move is over. We were in the mission on our trip, where did you live? We saw a show at the Victoris on 16th street. We went to the Beauty Bar for awhile, I thought of you.

Rick Watson said...

Poor kitties! I'm glad Galileo couldn't care less!! He's such a doll!

Glad the move is almost over. My move seems like it's been going on slowly now for weeks! I should be totally in by Nov 1. The new floor in the bath and kitchen is really nice!

Well it's 10pm... I just made a pot of coffee and I'll be up forever finishing a design project! These projects are testing my last nerve!

As my classmate put it just a minute ago in his email... quote -- "This shit is ridin' my last gay nerve bareback! And I have two tests tomorrow"! -- unquote...

Is that the most hilarious thing??!! He's funny! I'm glad he's in my class. He makes it more tolerable.

Casey said...

Glad you could give us an update!

I'm glad to hear that the animals are as expected. The cats will be fine.

I cant wait to hear more about the move... especially when you say you are finished!

Have a good week, gurl!!!

scareykatt said...

I can't wait to see the pics and the vodeos of your new place.

I love the name of the post, Moving Along, Minding My Business.

EMullins said...

Moving is such a big chore. Good luck getting it all done soon!