Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Positive Vibes

Hey, Bloggy Friends!

I hope you're all having a nice hump day! I started back to school yesterday and everything seems to be going great so far. I am really excited about this semester. I have some interesting professors and many of the classes I have promise to be fascinating. It's a full schedule, though, and it's also going to promise to keep me on my toes. I"m ready for it!

Before I settle in to begin watching the season premiere of America's Next Top Model (complete with the series' first transgendered model!) I thought I would take a second to send out some well wishes to Governor Sarah Palin. As you may know, she will be delivering a major speech tonight at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, MN. She doesn't necessarily represent the vision I personally have for the direction this country should move in, but we can't deny the fact that she will be making important history as one of two women to ever be nominated on a major party's Presidential ticket. I believe she has been the target of much unfair, media scrutiny lately. Unfortunately many biased news sources have chosen to focus on ridiculous aspects of her personal life, in an attempt to discredit her capabilities as a public office holder. She will take the stage tonight under a vast amount of pressure - and I wish her the very best. I hope she knocks it out of the park, and establishes a name for herself as a strong, capable woman who could handle this task set before her. I don't want her to win the nomination in November, but I believe her success throughout the campaign could help to positively boost this country's view of a woman in power. And who knows, after a few years with an inspirational Democrat in office, maybe she'll change some of her views and be a desirous candidate for us all to vote for in the future! Good luck, Ms. Palin!

I hope you all have a great night. It's a hot one in Philly!

Love, Josh

2 comments:

Rick Watson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick Watson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.