Thursday, July 3, 2008

Uncle Josh!

Hey, Bloggy Friends!

I have some exciting news to share with you today. My sister recently told us that she is pregnant! It took a minute to actually sink in, but despite certain skepticism (mostly regarding her young age), I am really excited. The father is a guy she has been seeing for about six years now. His name is James and he is almost twenty-two. I could think of a million reasons why this isn't the most ideal time for her to have children, but this is what life has given us, so we should roll with it. I know that she has a smart head on her shoulders, and I believe she will make a fantastic mother. James is also a very responsible young-man, which gives me even more confidence in the success of this child''s arrival.

With all that aside, I just can't believe my little sister is having a little baby. This is definitely change in a big way. Part of me thinks it should be me having the family's first baby - but I guess we all know that isn't going to happen! It's hard to imagine Derek and I will be uncles - and Mom and Dad are going to be grandparents! An event like this really helps you to put life into perspective, in some strange way.

Anyways, here it is. The countdown officially begins today. She is only about four weeks along, so it will be a long time a-comin'. She is due sometime late April '09. She will be the exact age my Mom was when she had her first child (me), a month away from 21. I'll try to keep the blog updated with pictures and announcements as the pregnancy progresses.

I hope you are all having a great day, as we sit back and watch the world move right on along!

I love you all,

Uncle Joshie

4 comments:

Mnowac said...

Oh Josh! Congratulations and congrats to Alex. I'm sure she will make a wonderful mom and that baby is lucky to be born into such a loving family.

Casey said...

Congratulations indeed. I'm sure Alex is really excited as everyone involved is.

You're going to love being an uncle! It's one of my favorite things.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Training and Casey - the baby is lucky to join your family.

But ... yeah, wow! It's a different time today than it was when your mom had you.

Life goes by fast.

Anonymous said...

need to update.. blood work shows i'm 8-10 weeks, so it will make the due date around end of Jan, beginning of Feb.. and james is 23!!!


-alex!!!