Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our First Full Day in Montreal!

Hey, Bloggy Friends!!

I hope you're all having a great day. Yesterday was our first full day in Montreal. We woke up mid-morning and had breakfast at my new favorite smoothie shop in Montreal, Liquid Nutrition! It's a really neat, little smoothie shop that has a ton of smoothie options. I love it and plan to try several things on the menu before we leave!

Afterwards we walked around different neighborhoods in Montreal, like Plateau and Old Montreal. They were both kind of neat, but still a little too flashy and not pretty for me. I'm starting to get the impression that I don't love Montreal too much. We're having a great time, but it just isn't what I was expecting. Like I said before, a lot of the neighborhoods are gaudy and eyesore-ish. Perhaps it didn't help that I came here from the New York City, sort of hoping for a continuation of the sleekness that I saw in the East Village. Old Montreal was really pretty, but I felt a little like I was at the Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. There was a pier and a ton of ice cream parlors and souvenir stores. We also walked through Chinatown, and down St. Catherine Blvd. where the majority of name brand shopping takes place. I even got called an "asshole" on the street for wearing my short shorts! I thought Canadians were nicer than that!

I was happy to finish all that walking once the evening started to roll around. To relax I decided to hit the pool downstairs for a few laps, and then spend a little time in the sauna. It was really nice. When that was over we all laid down for a quick nap before getting ready for the evening festivities. When we were all finished we toasted one another with a few glasses of champagne and headed to The Village for dinner. The restaurant, once again, was a small place without a website. I had a greek salad, and really enjoyed it.

Later we hit some of the bars on the strip. We danced for a few hours at a place called Sky Bar. It was a huge complex type club with several different parties going on throughout. It was pretty fun, but we were worn out by the time 3 am rolled around!

Well, that's about it for the day. We're having a great time, but I am starting to feel a little ready to get back home. I feel like we have run ourselves crazy over the past 6 or 7 days since we were hanging out in Philadelphia. I miss Alan so much, and of course I can't wait to see Galileo, Mary Todd and Abigail. I am really enjoying the time I am able to spend with Aaron and Matthew, too. They are great friends, who I don't have the pleasure of seeing too often throughout the year. It's a blessing to have friends who still make it a point to get together, no matter how many miles are between us.

Have a great night and I'll talk to you soon!

Love, Josh






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That club sounds great. I love places like that, like labyrinths.

My gay uncle (died last summer) went through a huge Montreal phase in his life. He'd drive over from Maine. He was amazing and there was nothing he wouldn't do except drink and smoke. He used to get lap dances in a place in Montreal ... "Taboo" it was called, or something? I think it is now closed. There was some distance between us for a while b/c I didn't approve of some of the things he did (and we're not talking lap dances here!)

The photos in the slideshow look good. Yeah you do sound homesick. Funny, the whole time you were away Alan stared out at me from behind a glass of white wine (my desktop image)!!!

All your friends are good ones! And you have so many.

Casey said...

Oh gosh, gurl! I cant believe you got called out on the street like that... thats just crazy... thats a total "Casey" like story.

Glad you will be home soon... it's always nice to return to familiar surroundings.