Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Day in Montreal!

Hey, Bloggy Friends!

Yesterday was our final full day in Montreal. We arose pretty late in the morning and headed to Liquid Nutrition for smoothies. Yum! We designated this day to seeing things outside of the downtown area, and I am so glad we did. I know have a much better impression of what Montreal has to offer. The city is very beautiful outside of the downtown area, which makes sense if you think about it. That's just where we spent most of our time, so I was under the impression that was all it had to offer. We spent the first part of the day in a park called Mount Royal (where the name Montreal came from). It was a gorgeous, sunny day. We laid there, read magazines and reminisced over the past several days we spent together.

When we had enough of that we headed to a hip neighborhood called the Mile End. It is a little outside of the city, but it had a lot of great stores and coffee shops. We were also in close proximity to Montreal's Little Italy, so we browsed through that section of town, too.

We had the car with us, so we decided to take a quick car tour of the super unique Olympic Stadium, which was out of this world. We also drove past the Biosphere, which was really cool as well.

After a long day of sightseeing, we headed back to the room for a routine disco nap before getting up for dinner. We were impressed with some of the Italian restaurants we saw in Little Italy, so we headed back over that way for dinner. It was really good. We had pizza and a bottle of red wine. Perfection! Later we headed to a local wine bar called BU (which is the French word for drank), and had another glass of wine and shared a chocolate mousse. It was a super neat place.

At the end of the night we were all beat from a weeks worth of traveling, so we crashed pretty early. Now, it's Sunday morning and we are packing up to hit the road. Matthew is flying out from Montreal, but Aaron and I are taking the car back to NYC. I am hoping we get back early enough to have another dinner in the East Village. I'm going to call Alan, too, and see if he feels like making the adventurous trek to meet us. Wouldn't that be fun?

I hope you all have a great afternoon. Thank you so much for following along with my trip. It all seems like a whirlwind, but it is definitely one for the memory books! Now, I'm ready to get home and rest for a while. I feel like I've been traveling a lot lately, and am in need of a nice, long breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkk!

Stay tuned for some videos of our adventures, and enjoy the pictures I posted in the slideshow below.

Smooches!

Josh


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out the full set of photos. Sounds like the perfect way to wind down your stay in Montreal.

Casey said...

So glad you had so much fun in a new city with old friends. It does sound like you all did a lot!

I cant wait to see the videos!!! I've definitely enjoyed the pics.