Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Did You Eat Your Spinach?
Hi, Bloggy Friends! I hope everyone is having an awesome day. I am having a recovery day after my wisdom tooth removal yesterday. To be honest, the whole experience was completely a non-issue. The worst part to the whole thing was having to sit in the waiting room for an hour before they called my name. When he finally did take me back he strapped on the Nitrous gas, sent me off to outer space and before I knew it, it was all over! He said it came out so easily that I didn't even need pain medicine - which I was a little disappointed about. I mean, hey, I have to go through all that and I can't even get high!?! Just joking!
It really hasn't been a big deal though. I bled very little and I feel like I am healing up rather quickly. Amen!
Being off today did prove to be very beneficial for me. I had a chance to catch up on the no-end-in-sight reading assignments I have for school, and I watched Oprah!
The show was particularly interesting to me, so I thought I would share some of the tips she and Dr. Oz gave out on today's show. The topic was anti-aging checklists. Dr. Oz basically preached on what we should all have in our refrigerators, and what we should be doing daily/weekly to remain at our very best and add years onto our lives. I am hugely interested in nutrition and trying to live my best life possible - so these shows are always my favorites.
Here is the list of what we should be doing to keep healthy and fit!
- 5 SERVINGS OF ANTIOXIDANTS DAILY - (blueberries, cooked tomatoes, broccoli, sweet potatoes, etc..)
- 4 CUPS OF GREEN OR WHITE TEA EVERYDAY
- 1 GLASS OF WINE A DAY
- 25 GRAMS OF FIBER A DAY (100% Whole Grain Breads, Steel Cut Oatmeal, and etc..)
- 1-2 TBSP OF OLIVE OIL DAILY
- 600 OMEGA FATTY ACIDS EVERYDAY! (Flax seeds, Spirulina, Walnuts, etc..)
- MULTI VITAMINS (Half in the morning and half at night!)
- 2 BABY ASPIRIN EVERYDAY (Good for your heart)
- GET YOUR HEART RATE UP 3X PER WEEK
- STRENGTH TRAINING ONLY 30 MIN. PER WEEK
- STRETCH EVERYDAY
- MEDITATE FOR AT LEAST 5 MIN. A DAY
- HAVE SEX 2-3 TIMES PER WEEK
That's about all I can remember for now. If you are interested you can check out OPRAH'S WEBSITE. There will be more information there on everything I talked about.
Have an awesome night, Bloggy Friends. It's been good to be off, but I am definitely ready to get back to school/work tomorrow!
I love you all!
P.S. Who voted today?? I am anxious to see the results tonight - is anyone pulling for Hillary like I am?