Thursday, August 9, 2007

Concert Reviews: The Wearies @ Cafe Du Nord

Wednesday night Alan and I went to Cafe Du Nord to see our friend Pat's band, The Wearies, play. We met up with several other friends from Alan's lab. I was super excited to have the opportunity to check out Cafe Du Nord because it is a rather famous venue in San Francisco. It caters mostly to rock bands, so there haven't been many shows to play there that I have particularly wanted to see - until now! Back in the days of the prohibition Cafe Du Nord was actually a speakeasy, so the history of the place sparked my interest. The decor on the inside has maintained it's Victorian lounge feel with it's plush red walls and dark wood interior. I'm really glad I had a chance to check it out. The Wearies were awesome, as usual, I really think they could have the chance to make it big one day. You should check them out if you are into rock music - it's pretty easy on the ears, not that hard offensive kind of rock. You can sample and buy their albums on iTunes!

Here is a video I made of the show last night. Enjoy!

Love, Josh

No comments: