Saturday, October 31, 2009

Phreaky Photos

Happy Halloween Bloggy Friends,

I hope everyone is having a pleasurably frightful day. We're still not sure what we'll be getting into tonight, but something fun should pop up soon. It always does. Before we make plans, though, I want to share a collection of photographs that have been getting me in the mood for Halloween since I was a tot. I came across them again recently in my process to digitize all of our family photos. I've never been one for scary movies and stuff like that, but if I needed an extra boost to become sufficiently spooked for Halloween I'd pull out my mom's photo albums and take a gander at these. They were taken at my cousin Shirley's Halloween party in 1977. My mom, who is dressed like Raggedy Andy, was still a teenager. Many of the people in the pictures are of family and friends that I recognize, but they still managed to give me the willies like you wouldn't believe. I think it was the reddish tint to the photographs and some of the ghoulish costumes that scared me most. The one that sticks out in my mind is one of a girl with a third eye on her forehead (pictured below). Creepy. To see the rest of the photos click HERE.

Do you have fun Halloween memories you'd like to share? What will you be getting into tonight? Whatever it is, I hope you have a fabulous time doing it. Be safe, be scary and live it up. I'll chat with you soon.

Love, Josh

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the guy by the door would have scared me more! LOL! What did you all end up doing? I miss your blogs being more frequent, but I understand being busy! Take care and keep us posted!