Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Design for Journalists Project #5

Hi Bloggy Friends,

I hope your day is going by smoothly. It's a scorcher in Philadelphia today.

The final project in my design for journalists class was to create a website. I have always heard that creating websites was a difficult, intricate process, so I was a little nervous about this one. The program we used, however, made it simple by writing codes and configuring all the complicated stuff for us. It was called Dreamweaver. All we were responsible for was gathering content, designing the layout and posting it to the world wide web.

The teacher asked us to create a site that could serve as a promoting tool for us as aspiring journalists. We were required to have four pages with links to the work we have done so far at Temple.

Once again, I went for a minimalist approach to my design. I didn't want to get too fancy and risk confusing potential employers, who may visit my page for information. It took a lot of time to complete, but the process was pretty smooth for me. I did have problems with the program in the end, so I wasn't able to add a few other elements, like a home link on each page, to the final product. The good thing is that I have a website to share with employers, and I can return to update it at any time.

If you'd like to check it out click HERE.

Final Grade: 150/150
Final Grade in Class: A

In the next few days I also want to share some of the projects I did in my radio broadcasting class, so stay tuned!

Have a great day. I'll chat with you soon!

Love, Josh

2 comments:

Bill Fogle said...

What a treat for today! I'd seen that photo with the little girl in front of the radio before. The Moosewood restaurant in Ithaca sounds so good - I have always wanted to go to a place that changes the menu daily. How lucky for you. Your biographical piece was informative, though I confess I was hoping for a description of THE MEETING with your Sugar. The German guy sounded exotic.

Wow, so you just basically aced your semester? I'm so impressed.

Rick Watson said...

Girl! I'm loving this project! I haven't read all the attachments yet, but will. They look very interesting!

Actually, I've been looking at web domains to buy. We, as future designers, need a site for marketing ourselves and our work, just as you will in career.

I'll have to check into Dreamweaver. We have web design at school, but i'm not sure if i can get into the lab to work on a mac. I'm anxious to get one going though.

Again, congrats on all the great project grades you've earned! I'm impressed. Take care bitch!

Love,
Puss!