Saturday, January 24, 2009

We Are Represented!


"While we have come a long way since the Stonewall riots in 1969, we still have a lot of work to do. Too often, the issue of LGBT rights is exploited by those seeking to divide us. But at its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans. It's about whether this nation is going to live up to its founding promise of equality by treating all its citizens with dignity and respect."

Barack Obama, June 1, 2007

I came across this quote today, and I thought you'd like to see it. I hope you guys have a great Saturday. The weather reports promise warmer than usual temperatures in Philadelphia this afternoon. I hope they're right!

Love, Josh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Porter is now on facebook? I thought you might want to know.

Charlie

Casey said...

Thats a great quote.

Enjoy the weather... it's been unusually warm the past two days here, but it's getting somewhat back to normal now. sigh

Rick Watson said...

soooo much to love about President Obama!!

Bill Fogle said...

I like this man. I believe he manages to keep healthy politically and still find time for things he really believes. Long way of saying I do not think he is a phony, beyond the required dancing to keep a career in motion.