Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Singin' Our Hearts Out!

Hey, Bloggy Friends!

Well, we are officially in the midst of the busy holiday season. Are you feelin' it? Are the holidays going to be any different for you this year, because of the country's crummy economic situation? I've never been one to spend a ton of money on Christmas gifts, so I don't see it being too different for me. As a student with limited funds, I'm definitely on the look-out for creative gift ideas that won't break the bank. My gifting theme this year is going to be "locally bought gifts." I also want to purchase things that are eco-friendly whenever possible. I like creating themes, because it makes Christmas shopping fun and adventurous!


I hope your week is off to a great start. Mine started with a bit of a hangover! Sunday night we went to Yakitori Boy for my karaoke birthday bash. I had such a great time. Several of my good friends, and even some new ones, showed up to celebrate and sing the night away. I was really impressed with the room itself. It was very comfortable. It accommodated everyone very nicely. There was an on-call waiter, serving drinks and food whenever we wanted. The karaoke machine was state-of-the-art, though figuring it out was initially a bit complicated. We spiced up the evening by playing a few "karaoke games." Everyone had a chance to sing a couple of times, and everyone REALLY got into it! We even decided to stay an extra hour past the allotted time schedule. I had a great time. It was too dark to make good videos, but I did take several pictures that you can check out by clicking right HERE. Thanks to everyone for coming, and for helping to create a special night together!

I only have two more days of classes left. After tomorrow, the rest of the week is set aside for studying. Next week begins the exam schedule, which will have me heading back to campus for only three more days. I can't tell you how excited I am to get it all wrapped up. There are a few classes that I can't wait to put behind me, specifically ECON. Yuck.

I hope you guys have a great day. I notice several of the blogs I frequent have been rather quiet lately. I'm guessing it's a busy time for everyone right now. Whatever your situation is, as the year-end approaches, I hope it goes smoothly. Have a great day. I'll chat with you soon.

Love, Josh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's great! I meant to ask you if you had a good time. Would have given anything to be there.

I just had a brain storm that I want to tell you about. It hit me like a ton of bricks (your analogy here). I'll tell you later.

EMullins said...

I love your hair in those pics! Looks like a fun night!

Casey said...

What a fun evening! I too wish I couldve been there.

You know I usually have a huge list of people to buy for at Christmas, but I'm not buying anything this year. Not having a job made that an easy decision. HA!!

I'm with you on ECON. I'm not sure I technically passed anything in that class, but neither did anyone else apparently, b/c the professor curved grades and I ended up with a C or B.

Rick Watson said...

Looks like a great time. I know it was a memorable one for you. Congrats on turning 30 gracefully and beautifully!

Love
Rick

Mnowac said...

Ohh that sounds like such a great time!!! I love Karaoke.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, forgot to say I love your hair in the top pic. Dippity-DOO!