Saturday, September 27, 2008

Round One: A Success!

Hey, Bloggy Friends!

I just returned from having dinner with Alan's parents and it went really well! They were so nice. We hit it off better than I expected to. I'm really happy about it and so is Alan.

We met them at their hotel around 6, before we headed to a restaurant called McCormick & Shmick's. The dinner was really good, except for the fact that my fish was a little dry. The conversation flowed brilliantly all evening. We got to know each other as well as we could in the short time we had together. His mother is quite a character. She's sassy, fashionable and very funny. She and I had a lot to chat about. His father is such a gentle, kind, caring man. He has one of the longest southern drawls I have ever heard.

It really was a great time. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Of course this is only the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we walked away as best friends, but it did go as well as it could have went. I'd say this is a great first step towards a future that is more open, honest and.... aware.

We are going to get together again tomorrow evening at Alan's aunt Jude's. I look forward to that. I'm sure she has a delicious dinner planned!

Before I go, I just want to say how touched I was with all of the support and advice you offered in your comments yesterday. I feel so blessed to have friends like you. You were right there when I needed you most. I appreciate it more than you know.

Have a great evening. I'll talk to you soon!

Love, Josh

5 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Alan's father is such a gentle, kind, caring man? Hmmm... that makes perfect sense, because Alan Graves is a gentle, kind, and caring man too! Josh, you're blessed having Alan in your life. He's definitely a super sweet guy!

I'm so happy to hear things are going well with his parents!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, Josh! Love you!

Casey said...

I'm so excited about this post. I'm thrilled that everything went well.

I didnt have any doubts that it would. I've been through the process. I cant say that my situation was exactly the same, but it wasnt the polar opposite either.

His parents wouldnt have agreed to meet both of you for dinner just to make a scene.

I second Puss' comments about Alan. He's awesome.

I'll conclude with an observation/comment: I told you it would go better than expected!!!

I'm so happy that you & Alan have this hurdle behind you now!!!!

Love ya both,
Casey

Mnowac said...

Yeah! I am so happy to read this! I was thinking about you today. Glad it went well.

EMullins said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! =)