Wednesday, August 27, 2008

An Impassioned Call For Unity!

Good Morning, Bloggy Friends!


Have you been keeping up with the Democratic National Convention in Denver this week? Last night, as headlining speaker, Hillary gave an electrifying speech that preached unity and provoked promise, in what may be the single most important speech of her career (and perhaps modern, political history). She dazzled as she hit the stage in a bright orange pantsuit. Then, amidst a ton of pressure from party officials, she delivered the speech everyone was hoping for. "We are on the same team. And none of us can afford to sit on the sidelines. This is a fight for the future, and it's a fight we must win together," she proclaimed from her fiery pulpit, "whether you voted for me or you voted for Barack, the time is now to unite as a single party with a single purpose." I was moved to tears by the overwhelming admiration from the crowd, and her unselfish expression of support in electing Barack Obama President. She was on fire. Hillary Clinton loves this country and has a clear vision of what we must do to move in the direction of progress.

Throughout the rest of her speech she praised supporters, highlighted the historic race she ran in the primaries, made humorous jokes and laid out the basic principles of what the Democratic party stands for. For the life of me, I don't see why everyone in this country isn't a democrat. Who wouldn't want equal rights for all it's citizens? Who wouldn't want equal pay for equal work? Who wouldn't support the creation of green energy sources? What is wrong with this country, that a near majority doesn't support these basic, fundamental rights for its citizens? I hope that through the election of Barack Obama, and all other democratic candidates, we can help to show the country that we should clearly strive for such heights.

I think Hillary is one of (if not THE) most capable person to help us bring about this change. She inspires me like no other political candidate I have ever known. She motivates me to get up and fight for the things I believe in. I pray that she finds herself in a good position in Obama's administration. We deserve her.

If you get a chance to check out her speech, I would highly recommend it. You will find it HERE. I was obviously touched by her words, and I believe you will be too.

Have a fantastic day. Alan, Galileo and I are about to make our way to Ithaca. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep up with my blog or not. I'll figure it out once I get there. Keep checking back for possible videos and pictures.

Let Freedom Ring!

Love, Joshary Clinton

1 comment:

Casey said...

I thought it was a very moving speech too.

One of my favorite parts was when she asked her supporters if they voted for "her" or from Democratic ideals. I thought that was very powerful but have still read numerous reports of her supporters still not ready to GObama.

It doesnt make sense at all to me. I cant understand why they would allow a Repub to further take the Supreme Court in the wrong direction.

Glad you're not one of those!!!