Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Birthday Shout-Out: Bloggy Friend, Gary!

Hello.Hey, Bloggy Friends!

I wanted to take a minute and send out a special birthday message to Bloggy Friend Gary. For those of you who don't know, Gary is the partner of one of our best Bloggy Friends, Bill. Gary and Bill live in a lovely home in Washington D.C. I had the pleasure of meeting Gary a little over a month ago when he and Bill came to visit us in Manayunk. He is such an intelligent, outspoken individual who loves to talk books and politics. I totally enjoyed his company and I hope they can come for another visit very soon.

Have a fantastic birthday, Gary. I hope you and Bill are doing something fabulous to celebrate tonight. Here's to a great year. Below is a re-run video of the day we all met for the first time. Fun times!

Love, Josh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh, I logged in and saw your new post (celebrity sighting, above) and almost missed this post (I just scrolled down by accident!!!!).

Thanks for the shout-out. I am sure birthday boy will log on and have a few words for us (perhaps he will have some political thoughts). He is at an all-day seminar today (how sad!).

Casey said...

Yay! Happy Birthday, Gary!!!

gleeindc said...

Say hey, Josh and thanks for the bloggy birthday wishes. Also hello to Allen, Abigal, Mary Todd and Galileo. A special hi to the often-read but never-met Casey.
Started the birthday at 4:30 a.m., heading out to day 3 of a week-long training somewhere in the wilds of VA. The day consisted of 8hours of training with breaks for lunch and to be herded into the shelter area of the conference center when a tornado touched down nearby. When they added the threat that the commuters might have to stay overnight, I was worried about the birthday celebration. Sitting in a bunkerlike bar watching my co-workers getting drunk (and fearing it was karioke night).
The birthday fairy (anyone you know?) caused the skies to clear, and I was able to drive the two hour trek home where Bill had dinner waiting and then sent me to get your wishes.
Again, thanks. Getting old ain't that bad.

Rick Watson said...

happy birthday mr gary! glad you made it home to celebrate!