Monday, September 10, 2007

The Weekender: Nintendo Wii Party!

Hey Bloggy Friends!

On Saturday night our friend Matt threw a Nintendo Wii themed housewarming party at his place near Hayes Valley. Matt just moved here from Baltimore a few months ago and is one of the post doctorate students in Alan's lab. When I first heard we were going to a Nintendo Wii party I was a little skeptical. I used to love playing video games, but it's been a while, so I wasn't sure how much fun I would really have. Matt is a really nice guy though, so we checked yes on the Evite and went on our way!

After we were there for a minute he turned on the Wii and had us create characters for ourselves. He informed us that he mainly had sports games, which worried me even more - most of my bloggy friends know I'm not a huge sports fan. The first game we played was bowling, and to my surprise I did great! I was bowling strikes - one, two and three in a row! Before I knew it my competitive side, that I usually forget I have, crept up and I was taking everyone on and finding myself really involved in all the games! I had so much fun and got a little carried away, as you'll see in the video. Besides bowling we played other games like tennis, baseball, truck racing & boxing - it was so much fun!!! Thanks for the good time Matt!

Here is a video I made of the evening festivities. I hope you enjoy.Have a great start to the new week, Bloggy Friends!

Love, Josh

2 comments:

Casey said...

Gosh... now I feel like it's a contest between Bill & I about who comments first... like all those stupid FIRST!! commenters on perezhilton... but if this is what it has come down to...so be it...

It goes along with the newly re-discovered competitive side of Whit.

For the record, I would've marched myself down to the market in two seconds flat for a wine opener. Diva's dont like to wait for a drink.

Anonymous said...

I had to stop carrying a corkscrew in my backpack when I had a little problem at the airport (they confiscated it). But ... it's important to always be prepared to drink.

Speaking of divas, I love it when Josh finds those acoustically live spots (usually after a couple glasses of wine). When I was about 10 I used to belt out Rogers & Hammerstein on the enclosed loading dock of the local post office (after hours of course). It was like a tiny concrete stage.